Monday, June 3, 2013

Teach Me Lord





Before I became a Christian I was always so confused about the things of God
and His word.  The Bible was a book that I read but could not fully understand.
I was very much like a little child who was given my first book with words in it.
I knew the story was there but the words made no sense to me.  However when 
I became born again through Christ and I knew to pray for understanding... the
word of God opened up to me.  As I read God's Word I began to grow...  the more
I read,  the more I grew and the more I understood.  However reading the word 
of God was not all there was to it.  Through the Holy Spirit I began to apply the
word to my life.   Basic things in the beginning...  knowing how much God loves
me, my loving others through His love for me, forgiveness towards others also
through His loving and forgiving me.  The most basic and important thing to me
was learning that everything I did or would do was through God and by His Spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6  

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

 

This is the beginning of growth with God and for God.  Learning to trust and follow!

I Pray that you all find His understanding for your lives!

God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment