Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gentle Spirit






I have met many Christians over my course of living.   Yet the ones I have etched 
in my memory are  the ones who carried the word with such impact through a
gentle, loving manner.  To me a was such an example of Christ within them.


One such woman touched my heart and spirit so deeply that I still feel the impact 
of her love for others.  She played the piano in the little church I attended with my
children.  I taught the "Youth Class" there.  Her prayers were silent but you could 
see God within her face.  One Sunday morning she greeted me with a large jar of pennies, an offering for my class.  Her only words to me were that God had led her to give this offering to the teens.  This was a quiet simple blessing for this group of teenagers that served God so avidly.  A hug and a smile between us was all that was needed as we thanked God for this blessing.  Her obedience to God was a wonderful blessing for these kids.  She passed away about a year later.  After her death I received another blessing from her.  My Pastor shared with me that when he had gone to pray for her before her surgery she has asked for prayer for me...  This act of pure selflessness blessed me beyond words.  She instead of being concerned for her own self put my well being above her in prayer.  If we could all be this kind of example of God it would be wonderful.  After all this is how God expects us to be.


1 Corinthians 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

May God's Word Lead You And Bless You Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment