Monday, April 9, 2012

Prayer


Prayer a necessary part of serving God everyday.  The Word of God tells us that
He knows our needs before we ask, but He does expect us to ask.  Much like we 
do of our own children.  Many times a day I speak to the Lord, for my needs but 
sometimes just to thank Him for all He does for me.  In those times I may not be on
my knees but I am always reverent to the Lord.  He is my friend when I am lonely, 
my protector when I am afraid, my comforter when I am hurt...  He is my everything.
I need to communicate with God.  I am supposed to communicate with God just as
you should.

Jesus gave us a direction to pray in and it is so simple to follow.  I will break it 
down for you as it was taught to me.

Prayer
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
 
 9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done,  on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts,  as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Verse 9 is telling us to Worship God in our prayer, to lift Him up before we begin to
fully pray.  He is worthy, wonderful, holy....
Verse 10, pray that God will return quickly our soul desires to be with Him but ask 
Him to help you to keep your life in His Word and Ways.
Verse 11, then ask Him for what you need and what He desires for you.
Verse 12, Always ask His forgiveness.  We fail daily.  There is not one of us that is perfect.  Also ask Him to help you to forgive others who come against you.  There
are always people who will say things or do things that might anger or hurt us.  God does not want us to retaliate but He wants us to forgive.
Verse 13, ask Him to help you against the enemy.  To be strong in His word and to 
have His strength against the enemy of God.

Of course we all then know to always Thank God for what he does for us. He is all
things for us.  Without Him we just move through life.  

This is how I was taught to pray and the explanation helped me,  I hope it helps you!
May God Bless You Abundantly today!
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment