Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prayer 6


Does prayer really work?  If this question in on your mind because you don't
see the answer please read this.  Yes I believe that it does.  In my life I have seen 
many prayers answered.  Some have been almost instantaneous and some 
have been purely in God's timing.  Keep this scripture in mind when you pray:

2 Peter 3:8
8. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a 
thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Let me share with you a personal experience of a very innocent prayer.  As my
children were growing up, I would sit beside their beds each night and read to 
them.  At the end of our reading sessions we would kneel beside the bed to pray.
We would pray this prayer:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord
My soul to take!
In the name of Jesus, Amen

There was not a night that went by that we did not do this.  When my youngest 
son was 27 years old, he went to bed and died of a massive heart attack in his
sleep.  Do I believe that prayer was still there for him.  Yes I do.  That earnest
and innocent prayer of a child was not forgotten.  God used His time to answer 
that prayer.  He knew the minute it was spoken the first time when my son would
need the answer for that prayer. Just as He knows what you need when you ask.

So be patient when you pray.  Lay your prayer at the alter of God and trust that
He will answer when the time is right.  I believe that there is no prayer that goes 
unheard or unanswered.  We serve an awesome God!

I Pray That God Blesses You Abundantly Today And Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment